Wednesday, January 13, 2010

LBD of puddings


This white chocolate and hazelnut blondie is actually something I made prior to Christmas for a team lunch. Brownie/blondie is always a good thing to make when you want to make a dessert in advance and also something that you can dress up or dress down – kind of like the little black dress of puddings.

I actually prefer brownie to blondie. I do love white chocolate but it can be a bit cloying when baked into something. This blondie was a little different in that it had chopped hazelnuts in it. I served it with a berry sauce (a bought one – my sister is a school teacher and last year the seniors made and sold berry sauce as part of a young enterprise scheme. The sauce is delicious, although quite tart) which was a nice contrast to the sweetness of the white chocolate blondie. But, I must say, I would have preferred a true brownie with chunks of white chocolate in it. Still, it’s always good to try new things.

So, the dolled up version of the blondie is with the berry sauce. The everyday version is cut into wedges and put into my husband’s lunch box.

The blondie recipe was in Dish magazine and you can find it here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister also made this and it is delicious.

Welcome back Tammy,I hope you are keeping well.

Cakelaw said...

Yummo! Anything with lemon in is a winner in my books.

Josh & Kandice said...

Wow. That looks really good. I've never had a blondie. I'll have to make this recipe!

Chef Jules said...

Always enjoy your posts, I wasn't sure if I was on the right site for a moment, when you were talking about tarts, blondies, brownies and little black dresses,(sorry for the dumb male humour)anyway you may be interested in my Zuccotto recipe, it's very popular
Kind Regards
Chef Jules