Monday, July 28, 2008

Catching up with Dorie


Before I joined the TWD group, they had already baked their way through nine of the recipes. I have been trying to play catch up when I get a chance and have got 5 recipes to go before I have caught up. I made the orange berry muffins on Saturday bringing that number down to 4.

On Saturday we were battoning down the hatches for what they were predicting as the storm of the decade. I still wasn’t feeling very well and my husband also had a bit of my chest infection, so we were all tucked up in the lounge with the newspapers, books and blankets. I thawed some pea and ham soup I made a few weeks ago for our lunch and made Dorie’s orange and blueberry muffins to go with them. The muffins were lovely – nice and light and I really liked the orange with the blueberry. I froze what we didn’t eat. Luckily I had finished my baking when the power cut. The storm was yuck, but I don’t think it was as bad as what they had predicted.



Last night I was home alone for dinner. I had salmon in the fridge from the night before which I wasn’t able to cook with no power. I marinated it in a combination of natural yoghurt, smoked paprika and ground star anise, hot roasted it in the oven and served it with bulghar wheat with lots of lime juice and baby spinach.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The muffins look wonderful - just the thing for a storm and feeling under the weather. I made these this week too in an attempt to catch up, but mine were not as attractive!