Friday, July 4, 2008

Baby Shower Cookies


Last Saturday was my lovely friend, Summer’s, baby shower. Her baby is due in the end of August. A few weeks ago I received a new order of cookie cutters from the States and amongst them were these rattle and baby bottle cutters. I am not sure of the sex of Summer’s baby, so decided to decorate the cookies in mint green which is a fairly neutral colour.



To be honest, I didn’t give these cookies the time I should have, so they are not as polished as I would have liked them to be. I used fondant to cover the cookies and then piped on the detail with royal icing. I tried making the fondant on the rattles spotted, but learnt a valuable lesson on not rolling the icing too thin. I read somewhere that cake and biscuit decorating is a bit like a Picasso or other painting – when you look closely at the individual brush strokes, they don’t look that great, but when you stand back and look at the painting as a whole, it looks great. Sounds like a good theory to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!

Cakelaw said...

These are gorgeous - Summer would have loved them.

Thinking About Food said...

They really are very cute!