Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gifts given and received



A couple of weeks ago we had two good friends have babies. Both from out of town and both with other small children. So, as well as the baby’s present I sent some little cookies for the other wee ones to enjoy. I wanted to make something small and fun and these chocolate freckle biscuits fitted the bill.





They are basically chocolate cut out cookies, spread with melted chocolate and scattered with hundreds and thousands and other coloured sprinkles. I think they looked pretty cool. They certainly tasted yummy!!





My little sister, Hayley, has just been to Melbourne for a holiday and being the gorgeous sister that she is, she bought me the most perfect present!!! Teal coloured cachous from the Crabapple Bakery and this gorgeous tea towel printed with cupcakes. And, not only is it covered with cupcakes – it is pink, my favourite colour!!! I don’t think I have mentioned my tea towel obsession before, but I love lovely and interesting linen – especially tea towels. Not sure whether I should mention this or not, but I have even started a collection of new tea towels for our new house. A little bit sad actually! But this cupcake tea towel is too beautiful to use, so I think I will make it into an apron! There was instructions in the latest House and Garden magazine with instructions on how to do this. I’ll let you know how I go.

Last night for dinner we had pork schnitzel (Havoc free range pork – it tastes like real meat) which I dipped in seasoned flour, then beaten egg, then panko crumbs and pan fried, served with roast kumara and a simple red cabbage salad – quarter of a red cabbage shredded and mixed with a sliced apple and a dressing of 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp wholegrain mustard, 1 tbsp evoo and 2 tbsp sherry vinegar. It was great for a change – the sharpness of the salad cut through the richness of the pork. A great late autumn meal.

2 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Your bikkies look delish. You would love the Crabapple Bakeshop - it is girly pink heaven!

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

dear tammy
visiting your blog for the first time and am impressed by your work..lot to learn from you.