Friday, December 7, 2007

Fresh snapper and Christmas cards!


There hasn’t been much cooking going on this week with functions virtually every night, so not much to report. Although we did have a really yummy dinner on Monday night. A friend gave me some beautiful fresh snapper which I pan fried and we had it with the most gorgeous little jersey benne potatoes (I am not a big potato fan, but there is nothing like new season Jersey bennes – the best new potatoes which come from Oamaru!), which were honestly no bigger than the size of your thumb from your knuckle!!!, and a salad made from rocket, cherry tomatoes and asparagus, drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice. I also made a lemony mayonnaise which went really well with the fish and the potatoes. So simple but so nice!

I bought the potatoes and the tomatoes from the Auckland farmers market at Alexandra Park on Sunday. It was the first time we had been to the market – it is quite impressive and I hope it continues to grow.

The photo of the cards above are two Christmas cards that I made in the weekend. Hope to be doing some Christmas baking over the weekend to report on next week!

1 comment:

Cakelaw said...

Love your cards - they are rather gorgeous!