Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas fudge



Last night I got home from a function where I had eaten too many nibbles to be bothered with dinner!!! But my husband asked if I could make some wee treats for some of his work colleagues as a Christmas thank you. I didn’t really feel like turning on the oven, so I made my Christmas stand by – chocolate fudge. I make this every Christmas. It is really easy to make and tastes delicious. People always seem to be appreciative of it.

Last night I made cranberry and almond fudge because that is what I had on hand, but I have also made it plain and put chopped macadamias on top or plain with silver drageeze on top. I have also done cranberry and pecan and dried apricot and almond. One day I want to make pistachio, but I never seem to have pistachios in the cupboard when I want to make it! I used Cadbury old gold chocolate last night to make the fudge as that is what I had in the cupboard. You could also use chocolate that already had nuts etc in it – that would be a more economical way of making it.



I also have to show you this very cool bag that my friend Jenny made me for Christmas. She is so clever!!! The buckle is one of her Grandma’s clip on earrings – so gorgeous!!!!



Christmas Fudge

500g dark chocolate
70g butter
397g tin condensed milk
½ c slivered almonds, lightly toasted
1 c craisins (dried cranberries)

· Melt together the chocolate, butter and condensed milk
· Stir in the almonds and craisins
Pour into a lined 23cm square tin and chill until firm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, thank you Tammy. That fudge looks fantastic. I may make it for xmas presents too.